The benefits of bananas are well-known to everyone, but the potent properties of their peel we should not ignore. After eating the banana, we throw it away. In some countries, such as India people use the nutritional benefits of the banana skin by eating it for decades.
How to use the banana peel:
1. Banana peel for teeth whitening
With the inner side of banana peel you can rub your teeth. Do this every day for two weeks and soon notice the positive results.
2. Remove skin warts
Problems with skin warts can be solved with a banana peel. Not only you can remove them with it, you can also prevent their appearance in the future. For use get banana peel piece and apply on the wart on your skin. Fix it with a bandage. Let to stay it overnight. Do this process until you totally eliminate the wart.
3. Acne and wrinkle-free
The present antioxidants and anti-aging characteristics in the bananas made bananas excellent for total skin care. Bananas hydrate and nourish the skin. Irritated and problematic areas rub with banana peel. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Curing psoriasis
Sadly, banana peel for skin disease psoriasis can’t be treatment for totally cure. It can calm the symptoms.
5. Banana peel as an analgesics
It is excellent analgesics. Massage painful spots on your body with a banana peel.
6. Banana peel for losing weight
Did you know that a great deal of that potassium is present in banana peel? It can contain around 40% of the potassium.
If you want to lose weight this mineral is needed. It can improve your metabolism, and you can burn more calories and muscles have enough energy. Energy makes you more active. However, banana peels contain antioxidants, fiber, B-vitamins and vitamin A. Fiber is more present in the peel, than in the banana itself.
When you know now that banana peels have some seriously awesome weight-loss benefits, it can’t be strange for you in the future. We give you the banana peel recipe below. Ask you why the heck you’ve been tossing the skins in the trash your entire life.
BANANAS SKINS WITH BLACK-EYED PEAS:
- ½ c black-eyed peas (if using fresh, soak overnight)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened grated coconut
1. Chopped peels into small pieces put in water with turmeric and dash of salt and boil. Add few drops of oil in your pot with water to protect sap from sticking. Bring to a boil, and then boil gently until skins are tender. Drain reserving water and put on side for a later use (we like to use it to cook rice or as a base for soup).
2. If you use fresh black-eyed peas, boil until tender or use canned, only rinse and drain beans.
3. Put the heat on medium and warm up coconut oil in skillet or frying pan. Add mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop. Then add boiled peels and black-eyed peas mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in coconut. Add salt to taste and finish with lime juice. Prepare to serve.
Green or yellow bananas peel?
Ripe bananas contain fighting characteristics against cancer. They can help your body create white blood cells.
For weight lose green peels are better because they contain more probiotics. Probiotics improve your digestion. Also, it has been proven that green peels increase the levels of serotonin and dopamine.
It would be hard for you to eat the peel, but there are some different ways how to use it.
Smoothie – For this method, use yellow peels because they have a banana flavor and are sweeter. Throw away both ends of the peel and put it in a blender. You can add any ingredients you like, we recommend for this to add some coconut milk, cinnamon and ice.
Tea – The other alternative for ripe bananas is tea. To prepare the tea, boil for 10 minutes peel without their ends. Get it away from heat and enjoy your banana tea. To make tea sweeter add a little honey.
However, green bananas are better for cooking. Green peels often are used for prepare chutneys or curries, or instead of potatoes. Organic bananas should be clean thoroughly before you use them.